Monday, August 8, 2011

Back to School Already?


I can't believe it's almost time for the kids to go back to school. Our start date here is Aug. 17

Back-to-school in my house will be different this year. My oldest will be moving into her apartment next Friday and start college classes the following Monday to begin her journey as a psychology major. She's been packing up boxes and buying everything she needs with the money she has saved since she was just little. I didn't really think much of it when she told me she was saving for college all these years until I found out how much she put in her savings account. Good for her!
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
I've been telling my kids since kindergarten that they have to go to college. As they grew older, I explained that they won't be able to reach their goals without it. Brendon wants to be a "general practioner" (he's very specific) when he grows up. Mikaela wanted to be a veterinarian until she took a couple of "farming classes" (as she calls it) and realized it wasn't for her. Auston is thinking about being a teacher. He's a junior this year and I've been drilling in his head all summer that he needs to start getting serious about his grades and starting thinking about what he wants to do. Caitrin wants to be a fashion designer. She's a chip off the ole block. Kaden is 3 and can navigate his way around the computer better than I can, so I have my predictions.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. I know several little girls that would love that bag. Visiting from the CAST team.

    ReplyDelete